The approval of a client account and the acceptance of client orders are at the sole discretion of thinkorswim, Division of TD Ameritrade, Inc.
- The thinkorswim site is presented for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell
securities or securities derivative products of any kind, nor serve as any type of investment advice or strategies.
- All transactions are subject to the rules, regulations, customs and usages of the exchange and market where
executed, and to all applicable federal, state, and SRO rules and regulations for USA transactions.
- Client option orders in the same underlying and strike price will be delayed
15 seconds before routing due to exchange order routing rules.
- thinkorswim's spread functionality currently defaults to the middle of each market.
Sometimes this number or value is between the $0.05 wide markets. For example, the
order entry box may show a spread ready to be sent at .325 cents. Our system currently
allows for a client to send the order with a non-executable price to our spread desk.
These orders are accepted but changed to the next best price. For instance, a buy order
for .325 cents would be rounded to .30, a sell at .825 would be .85.
- The cancellations of open orders are subject to prior executions. Market orders may
not be cancelled.
- Information provided is provided by sources deemed to be reliable. However,
thinkorswim does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the
information with regard to the results to be obtained from its use.
- thinkorswim does not warrant or guarantee the dependability of the internet,
thus, access to services may be limited during periods of peak internet activity
or market volatility.
- The ability of a client to place a short sale transaction may be limited from
time to time by the ability to borrow the desired equity. Margin and maintenance
margin requirements may be changed without advanced notice to reflect appropriate
- thinkorswim, in its sole discretion and without advance notice, may deem it appropriate
to liquidate or enter into offsetting transactions in a client account if your account does
not meet thinkorswim or Exchange capital requirements.
- It is incumbent upon the client to monitor all open orders and exercisable option
- The client is solely responsible for the confidentiality of his/her password and
username. Any orders entered using the username and password will be deemed as
sent by you the client.
- Equity Option trading is not suitable for all clients. Please review the
Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options
that may be accessed via the url link www.optionsclearing.com/publications/risks/riskchap1.jsp.
NOTE: Please read your client agreement thoroughly for more in depth information.